Kindergarten Darlings has created a unit that your students will love. There are plenty of Emergent Readers and 1-Page Sight Word Stories that will meet the needs of all of your young readers. Kids will learn many literacy skills as they participate in all of the center activities. All of the literacy activities promote development in skills presented in Dibels testing. Great for guided reading, shared reading, readers workshop, tutoring, RTI and take-home reading. Many of the activities come with a student activity and a color teacher version. In addition, many of the activities come in different levels of difficulty to meet your students' needs.
There are many great math activities in this unit as well. Your kids will count sets, make sets, compare numbers, sort, graph and more. There are colored center activities and black-line student activities to check for student understanding. Many of the math activities come in varied formats to meet your teaching style and your students' needs. Great for small/whole group math instruction, independent math centers, RTI and tutoring.
1. Emergent Readers and Classroom Library Books
a. Buttons: I see (# word) buttons. (1-5): student version and large color version
b. Button Shapes: This button is a (shape word). : student version, pocket chart and large color version
c. Button Colors: Here are the (color word) buttons.
2. Simple Sentence Match: 2 different ones that come in 3 different levels to meet the needs of your students.
a. I see the( # word) (color word) buttons.
I see the (# word) buttons
(# word) buttons
b. The shape word button is color word.
This button is a (shape word).
A (shape word) button
3. One-Page Sight Word Stories
a. Button Shapes – missing word – students will need to add the missing word to each sentence.
b. Buttons – missing picture – students will need to add the picture to each sentence – 2 different levels
4. Build a Sentence – I see the buttons in the jar.
5. Beginning Sound – student version and colored pocket chart version
6. Syllable Shape Button Sort – 1, 2, and 3 syllables
1. Sort, Graph and Compare
a. small, medium and large
b. rectangle, oval and triangle
2. Sorting Buttons – 10 or more ways to sort buttons
3 Counting Sets 1-10 – comes with counting center cards and 3 different recording sheets to meet your teaching style.
4. Making Sets: comes with center cards 0-10 and color buttons
5. Number Sort: using the center cards 0-10 and the word, tally and ten frame cards to sort.
6. Courting Buttons: student black-line books for making sets 0-10 – 2 versions: number words and numerals.
7. Show Me Button Sets:
a. Making sets even numbers with black-line buttons
b. Making sets odd numbers with black-line buttons.
8. Compare Numbers: 2 Sets
9. Compare and Order Numbers: 3 Sets