Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.54 MB | 8 pages
The following is an expanded 2 day (75 minute periods) common-core based worksheet and PowerPoint on the Golden Age of the Byzantine Empire. This worksheet includes several activities that promote critical thinking skills and class discussion and interaction.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Division of Rome into Eastern and Western Empires
• Church of Hagia Sophia
• Justinian’s Code
• Impact of the Byzantines on Russia
• Eastern Orthodox Church
• Empress Theodora
The following activities are included as well:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson with questions
• Byzantine Art analysis
• Byzantine Studies Association of North America advertising campaign cooperative learning activity
• Primary and secondary source analysis
• Contains over 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions perfect for class discussion.
PowerPoint presentation contains 10 slides that include maps, photographs, and artwork.
Since the worksheet is a Word document, feel free to add or delete any activities or change the formatting. Please rate this bundle if you are able to. Please follow me to receive updates when new products become available. Thank you so much!