Also included in
- This Ancient World History curriculum bundle includes PowerPoints, Google Slides, guided notes worksheets, and flipped classroom videos to cover all of Ancient History from Prehistory through the Byzantine Empire and rise of Islamic Civilizations. Each PowerPoint file includes a Guided Notes workshe$55.50$76.74Save $21.24
This lesson covers everything students need to know about the Byzantine Empire, Justinian, Theodora, the Great Schism, and more!
The download includes a "flipped classroom" video, PowerPoint, Google Slides version, guided notes pages, and an interactive notebook option! The presentation features over 30 visually-engaging slides based specifically on State Standards.
Each slide features an excellent picture or other visual to keep your students engaged and focused on your lesson. The notes are easy-to-follow and break down concepts to the most important information students need to know.
The presentation starts with the Fall of Rome and then covers all of the following:
- Constantinople's Golden Age under Justinian and Theodora
- The Hagia Sophia
- The Expansion of the Byzantine Empire
- The split between the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Church
- The role of religious icons and iconography
- The Decline of the Byzantine Empire
- Mehmed II and the Ottoman Empire's conquest of the city
- And more!
Students can use either the graphic organizer or the guided notes worksheets to follow along with the presentation. All 3 are also editable, so you can easily make changes if needed.
The "flipped classroom" video is a fully-narrated lesson that provides background on each slide and explains all the key concepts. It's perfect for flipping your class, posting for absent students, or watching yourself to prep for the lesson.
More great resources for teaching about the Byzantine Empire can be found here in this Byzantine Empire Bundle!
Thanks for looking!
You can "Like" my page on Facebook for updates, giveaways, links and more! Thanks for looking!