Also included in
- Are your students struggling with writing claim, evidence, and reasoning? Need an arsenal of PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL teaching tools and writing scaffolds for your c-e-r writing projects? This bundle has everything you need to introduce C-E-R (or CER, C.E.R, etc.) to your students AND have them practic$11.55$14.44Save $2.89
Are you implementing a C-E-R (claim, evidence, reasoning) writing framework in your class? Want to make sure that your students know the framework forwards and back? This double-sided review worksheet will show you quickly which students are still struggling with identifying claims, evidence, and reasoning--whether they're online or in-person!
Students will identify all parts of the framework, match claims to appropriate evidence, and brainstorm real-life situations in which claims, evidence, and reasoning can be utilized.
On the first page, students will use highlighters to identify the claims, evidence, and reasoning in four different passages. These passages are on a variety of topics, so students can see C-E-R's wide range of applicability.
On the second page, students will match claims with their evidence. Then, they will brainstorm three real-life scenarios in which being able to argue and support that argument would be beneficial.
If you're just introducing the concept of C-E-R to your students, this worksheet makes for a great overview of the concept. If your students know--or should know!--all about the framework, but need a refresher, this works great for that as well.
Assign this virtually using TPT's digital tool for Google Classroom! Please note that this feature is only compatible with Google Classroom.
- NON-EDITABLE Double-sided review worksheet
- Answer Key with possible responses
Need more C-E-R practice for your students? Grab the bundle or check out my other resources:
- C-E-R Student Handout Freebie (this is great for students to have with them while completing this worksheet!)
- C-E-R Introductory Slideshow
- Claim Task Cards
- Evidence Task Cards
- Reasoning Task Cards
- C-E-R Graphic Organizer
***This resource is all contained within one PDF file. It is NON-EDITABLE. It can only be used digitally through TPT's digital tool, which is only compatible with Google Classroom. Before purchasing, please review the preview for each corresponding resource to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, are included in the preview.