CALENDAR ICONS: Forest Friends Edition
Forest Friends’ Calendar Icons
provide everything you need for daily calendar activities in a forest / woodland animals themed classroom. Included are:
• 4.25” x 11” month placards
• 3.2” x 3.2” days of the week headers
• 3.2” x 3.2” date cards (1-31) in 5 designs
• 3.2” x 3.2” special day cards, labeled and editable
All of the above are sized to fit in a standard calendar pocket chart.
Also supplied are:
• 3 interactive signs – Today is…, Yesterday was…, Tomorrow will be…
• Day of the week placards for the 3 signs
• Days in School interactive sign + number cards (0-9)
Using these materials, you can challenge your students to
• name the day and date
• count the number of days until _______ [fill in the blank]
• calculate the number of days they have been in school
• identify the previous day and the day to follow
• recognize special days and holidays
The date icons are presented in sets of 31, thus allowing you to employ any set of icons for any month. Also included are U.S. National Holiday icons, as well as several holidays often celebrated in elementary classrooms (Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, etc.). Among the special day cards are 7 birthday cards should you wish to recognize your students’ birthdays. Using the editable cards, you can identify other special days unique to your school.
Add more curricula to your calendar time by introducing patterns and predictions.
Use combinations of the date card designs to make patterns. When you first introduce patterns, do not forewarn your students. Allow the children to discover that themselves. Once they realize a pattern is forming, challenge them to predict the icon of the day. In doing so, you will be stimulating visual discrimination, activating critical thinking, maximizing your teaching time, and engaging the students in a fun and valuable activity. Increase the complexity of the pattern as the academic year progresses.
You may be interested in these products that are also in a Forest Friends theme:
• Forest Friends Alphabet and Color Posters
• Forest Friends' Classroom Rules
• Forest Friends Numbers
• Forest Friends' Farewells
• Forest Friends' Classroom Quotations
• Rules of Syllabication *Forest Friends Edition*
Please visit my blog
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.