From Monday and Wednesday sessions
• Have students (or student pairs) number their paper from 1 to 8 along the left-hand margin.
• Students are to list the name of the whale and record it’s length to the nearest centimeter.
• After they have completed the task card, they are going to use that information and the scale of 3 cm = 5 m to determine the actual length.
• You might have students set up a proportion table.
• Ask: Do these actual lengths seem reasonable? How could you verify these lengths?