Developed for Canadian classrooms, the Ready for the Bell math lessons provide a comprehensive set of print, multimedia resources, and assessments with Canadian context and real world learning explorations.
The lesson instructional design recognizes a new generation of learners, ones that expect multi-media, multi-modal learning opportunities and have the ability to access, research, and master knowledge creation opportunities whether they are at school or at home. At the same time as providing current and multi-modal instructional methods and resources, the lesson provides options for teaching with technology in classrooms that have no tech, some tech or more tech.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW ABOVE to review the components included in this Lesson packet.
This lesson includes:
- Teacher Lesson Plan: 11 pages
- Teacher Guide Part A: 21 pages
- Teacher Guide Part B: 176 pages
- Answer Key for Workbook and Quiz: 11 pages
- Student Learning Guide: 13 pages
- Student Workbook: 9 pages
- Contextual Unit Animation: 1 animation video
- Notepad Tutor video: 1:45 min
- Summative Assessment: 3 pages
- End of Lesson Quiz - a short quiz at the end of the Lesson to use as a quick way
to assess if students have mastered the content.
- Unit Test(s) – a full unit tests are only included in the Unit or Full Course Bundle.
- Formative Assessment: Included in Workbook
- Let’s Explore - hands on active learning activities
- Let’s Practice - activities for students to practice
- Mixed Review - a series of questions based on what the student has learned by
this point in the Lesson as well as some questions related to areas that will be
emerging in the math program
This lesson is part of the Math 4 lesson bundles. Click below to see these bundles.
CANADA Math 4: Complete Year Bundle (Numbers, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics) 30 Lessons
CANADA Math 4: Unit Bundle: Numbers: 14 Lessons
CANADA Math 4: Unit Bundle: Algebra: 7 Lessons
CANADA Math 4: Unit Bundle: Geometry: 7 Lessons
CANADA Math 4: Unit Bundle: Statistics: 2 Lessons
These resources address the learning expectations of the curriculums in Alberta, British Columbia BC, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island PEI, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.