Also included in
- This is a GROWING BUNDLE of interactive math mini units which includes a variety of activities. They are all digital and perfect to use during distance/emergency remote learning. This pack is a Google Slides™ resource that can support your students with distance learning classrooms (i.e. Google Cla$58.40$73.00Save $14.60
This is a math mini unit which includes a variety of interactive activities that focus on Canadian coins. They are all digital and perfect to use during distance/emergency remote learning. This pack is a Google Slides™ resource that can support your students with distance learning classrooms (i.e. Google Classroom™).
*The activities in this pack focus on nickel, dime, quarter, loonie and toonie.*
- What are coins? - poster
- Penny - what is it? (explains how it is not around anymore)
- Coin Posters - each coin has a poster (slide) explaining it in more detail
- Coin Poems - poems for each coin
- Identify the coins - cover the matching coins (1 slide per coin)
- Going Shopping (Part 1) - choose the correct coin to purchase the item
- Find and Cover - drag the correct coin to the value
- Going Shopping (Part 2) - choose an item, drag it to your cart, choose the correct coin to pay for it
- Order Up! - pay for the food by reading how many of each coin is required, drag and drop to cashier
- All About Canadian Coins - build a chart outlining coin name and value (drag and drop)
- Guess My Coin - read the clues, drag the checkmark to cover your guess, slide box for answer
- How Much Money Is It? - count the coins in the piggy bank and type number in box (counting by 5's - nickel, 10's - dime, 25's - quarter, 1's - loonie, 2's - toonie)
- What's Missing? - look at amount, drag and drop the correct coin to make that amount
- Match It! - look at the amount on the price tag, choose the correct combination of coins
- I Spy - read the clue and cover the matching amount/coin/object with price tag
*The slides are more difficult at the end of the pack -> adding coins up to $2 (delete slides you do not want to use)*
(You can delete the slides you do not wish to use)
- read instruction/definition slide
- complete interactive activities
TIP: I like to make additional copies of this product, delete the slides I do not want (perhaps to focus only on one section at a time or to eliminate easy/difficult slides), and share with my class digitally.
· simply make a copy of the Google Slides™ link found in this resource and save the link on your Google Drive™ (remember what you call it!)
· share the file with your students (be sure to change sharing to "make a copy for each student")
*These slides are self correcting but instead can be turned in as an assignment to be checked by the teacher.*
***Please remember that your purchase of this product is for SINGLE USE ONLY (one classroom). Please purchase to share with other educators/team members.***
You might like these products!
Come and visit me!