This is complete pack (42 pages) includes tools for teachers to teach, reinforce, and practice the concept of comparing holds more, holds less-and holds the same as or equal to with regards to capacity. The tools here offer making visual comparisons with capacity using a work mats and objectsThe tools offer hands on experiences and include definition and teaching visuals, center direct comparisons of capacity work mars and capacity worksheets. THIS IS SET 3 OF 3
THIS PACKAGE OFFERS ALL THE COLORED TOOLS IN A FULL COLOR BACKGROUND and DUPLICATES in a LOW COLOR LINE BORDER.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS SET IS A PART OF THE FOLLOWING LARGER BUNDLES
MORE THAN-LESS THAN-EQUALS TO-QUANTITIES, CAPACITY AND WEIGHT BUNDLE PACK
Link- MEGA MATH BUNDLE-2D-3D, PATTERNS, MORE THAN-LESS THAN
Other sets in this series include:
SET 1-UNDERSTANDING QUANTITIES- MORE THAN, LESS, THAN AND EQUALS TO
SET 2-UNDERSTANDING WEIGHT- MORE THAN, LESS, THAN AND EQUALS TO
MORE THAN, LESS THAN, EQUALS TO (CAPACITY) POSTERS, VISUALS, WORKMATS AND CENTER TOOLS
Lesson Objectives-More than, less than or equals to? Understanding CAPACITY
• How to describe and directly compare objects by attributes (CCSS.K.MD.A.2)
• Problem Solving– Analyzing, reasoning and interpreting attributes
• Describing measurable attributes of objects (capacity– visually and using objects to assess) (CCSS.K.MD.A.1)
• Using tools to model and make direct comparisons to investigate and problem solve.
• Counting to say how many and draw comparisons with capacity (1 cup will hold 100 pom poms, 1/2 cup will hold 50 pom poms) (CCSS.K.CC.B.5)
MORE-LESS-EQUALS TO: CAPACITY-TEACHING POSTERS
• 1 X reasoning poster- which jar can hold this many jellybeans
• 1 x capacity definition poster showing two jars with jellybeans and labeled with ‘holds more’ and ‘holds less’
• 1 x ‘holds less’ definition poster
• 1 x ‘holds more’ definition poster
• 1 x ‘holds the same as’ or ‘equals to’ definition poster
MORE-LESS-EQUALS: TO CAPACITY-DIRECT COMPARISON WORK MATS
• 7 X mats that show two different empty containers on the page (jars, baskets, plates, glasses, etc..)- students use objects to model which container holds more or less and then use the enclosed labels to label the containers with ‘holds more’ or ‘holds less’.
MORE THAN, LESS THAN, EQUALS TO WORKSHEETS (CAPACITY)
• In each set color the item that can hold the most number of items
• In each set color the item that can hold the least number of items
• Problem solve! Draw a line from the bunch of strawberries to the plate that will best fit the bunch without room to spare.
• Color the container in each set that can hold the greatest number or objects.
• Color the item that can hold the least number of objects in each set.
• Draw a container that can hold more than the container shown.
• Cut and paste the group of apples to fit into the correct basket.
understanding and comparing capacity; holds more-holds less than and holds the same as or equal to, visual discrimination of capacity and capacity worksheets, capacity definition posters and capacity direct comparison work mats