CAREER RESEARCH PROJECT- ELEMENTARY STUDENTS- GRADES 4 AND 5
Are you looking for a career research project for your 4th or 5th grade students? If yes, this is the project for you!
The project was used in a 4th/5th grade special education class. It can be also used in the regular education classroom.
You will receive:
1. Four (4) separate templates that students use to organize their research and writing (Microsoft Word format); paragraphs 1-4; they contain questions
2. One (1) template that contains the four (4) paragraphs described in #2 above (if teacher prefers to give the four paragraphs at one time rather than one at a time)
3. Template for students to develop PowerPoint for oral presentation
4. Template for students to develop a cover page for their written report.
Example to show students what their papers will look like if you (the teacher) decide to edit their Word files (written portion of project).
1. Students choose a career to research.
2. Students complete paragraph 1 using template. It is best to have the students complete the paragraph in Word, but if can be printed and handwritten.
3. Repeat step 2 (above) for paragraph 2 and 3 templates.
4. The author of this project found separate videos about each of the students chosen careers (for his/her class). Students watch the video and complete paragraph 4 (using template).
5. Students combine the four (4) paragraphs into a report. Directions/questions will need to be deleted.
6. Teacher edits reports.
7. Students make corrections suggested.
8. Students develop cover for their reports by using the directions provided.
9. Students develop PowerPoint presentations using their reports and the template provided.
10. Students give oral presentations.