Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.32 MB | 6 pages
Competency-Based learning refers to systems of instruction, assessment, grading, and academic reporting that are based on students demonstrating that they have learned the knowledge and skills they are expected to learn as they progress through their education.
Connections-based Learning focuses on students making meaningful connections with teachers, experts, organizations, community and each other. The development of this approach has been birthed out of a desire to create learning experiences in a connected world with connected students.
This resource includes:
1. Meaning of Competency-Based Learning
2. Meaning of Connections-Based Learning
3. How Competencies Support Learning
4. Advantages Competency-Based Learning
5. Parts of Connections-Based Learning
6. Characteristics of Connected Students
7. Ideas for Connecting your Students
8. Resources to Implement CBL