I created these story problems to practice addition and subtraction story problems. These word problems teach beginning skills for solving word problems. I have included 4 sets of word problems. I also included a how to teach page.
Ways to use these word problems:
• In a Math Center – Enough for three weeks
• Whole Group doing a problem a day- 24 days
• In a math notebook - 24 days
• One week as a whole group, two weeks as a center, and one week as an assessment
• Two weeks whole group, one week in a math center, and one week of assessment.
• Three weeks as a math center, one week of assessment
I have included: How to Teach this Skill, counters: black and white and color, recording sheets, one blank recording sheet, and three sets of Word Problem Cards with matching recording sheets so you can practice these problems for several days.
I hope you can use these word problems in your classroom.
Thank you for checking out this product.
First Grade Fabulous Fish