This set includes 5 Christmas activity/prompts: each focusing on a separate skill.
1. Character and Setting Description: Students will identify descriptions in an example. A prompt is provided for students to practice including their own character and setting descriptions.
2. Dialogue: Students will review the rules of tags and punctuation when including dialogue. A prompt is provided for students to include their own dialogue within the narrative prompt.
3. Transitional Words and Phrases: Events are provided on an organizer for students to write a complete narrative while incorporating transitional words to show a progression of time. (great partner or group activity)
4. Set also includes a "finish the narrative" prompt (PARCC practice)
5. Includes independent prompt for students to write a narrative. This can be used as a formative piece concluding the unit.