Show Your Work!: The Simple 6 for Math, by Kay Davidson
This book is designed to compliment your adopted math program and provide you with hands-on strategies and assessment-weekly problems that simulate the Math Applied Skills section(s) of standardized tests.
Included in the book:
- Simplified overview of the CCSS math standards.
- Problem solving strategies and higher- level activities that will engage your students.
- Ready to use assessment and mastery tools that are easy to implement.
- 36 problems with detailed Show Your Work! answer keys.
- Practice with three-part problems is introduced by the end of Grade 2.
- Almost all word problems in Grades 3 through 6 are three-part problems and are identified as such.
- Students are encouraged to use mathematical language as they explain answers and give mathematical definitions.
- The problems are designed to be done once a week, so that students are provided with ongoing exposure to problem solving situations that ask them to solve, explain, and show their work.
Regular math practice and consistency throughout the year is and always has been the key to true understanding and learning life-long skills. Thank you for choosing The Simple 6 for Math as YOUR classroom companion!
Follow my TPT store for more Simple 6TM math, writing, and editing resources!