After a lot of reflecting on what meaningful homework could look like --because let's face it, reading logs can be a drag and incredibly useless--I came up with this product for my third graders. With this product, you'll have 10 reading logs to choose from at any time.
* 5 fiction reading logs which cover: parts of plot, compare and contrast, cause and effect, problem and solution, sequence of events
* 5 nonfiction reading logs which cover: main idea, key details, cause and effect, compare and contrast (between two texts), sequence of events
All reading logs have the covered third grade common core standards listed at the bottom of each page, for your easy reference.
Simply print, make sure kids have books to match the genre, and hand out!
Here are some ideas to consider, in order to get the most meaning out of these:
* choose a reading log each week to review a previous skill
* choose a reading log each week to reinforce a current skill
* place copies in labeled folders and let students choose between a variety of logs (within on genre, or with the option of either) after they have mastered specific skills
Thanks for visiting! I hope this product can help take the hassle out of reading logs for you and your little learners. :-)