Pythagorean Theorem (Part 1 - Hypotenuse ONLY) CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.G.B.6 - Ever wonder how you are going to get your class to reach this CCSS Grade 8 » Geometry » Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem. » 6 standard? Well, here's the first step (which ONLY COVERS THE HYPOTENUSE). To teach this lesson, you will need to have calculators with square root buttons, (as we don't review how to get a square root in this particular lesson - just let them use the calculator).
If you like this one make sure you check out Pythagorean Pig Part Two which introduces "Legs" the Goat.
Pythagorean Pig Part 1 (ONLY COVERS THE HYPOTENUSE). Join Pythagorean Pig and the Rescue Dog Lulu as they explore the magical hypotenuse. A fun way to help your students remember this theorem, this item includes:
1) Pre/post test;
2) Engaging Hook (Pythagorean Pig and Lulu slides);
3) Direct Instruction Page;
4) Guided Practice Page;
5) Independent Practice Page;
6) Assessment/Homework jigsaw puzzles;
7) Student Journal with short constructed responses required and note taking;
8) Some fun "early finisher" or "reinforcement" puzzles and coloring page; and,
8) Answer key for everything!
54 pages in PowerPoint and PDF form. Student notebook is 14 pages (these are duplicated in the 54 page ppt that the teacher uses).