Take the mystery out of academic writing and INSPIRE your students by teaching and helping them to write effective academic paragraphs and essays on their own! No more worrying about where to write the thesis, how to introduce evidence, or what it means to analyze--the templates map out each sentence of the paragraph or essay and how to work with each concept!
Easy-to-follow handouts and accompanying colorful visuals will make a writing teacher out of any instructor, regardless of discipline or experience. Example essays model proper paragraph and essay structure and use of claim, evidence, and analysis. Straight-forward instructions help free up your time to teach more in-depth analysis, whether in a traditional or homeschool setting. With CEA, your students are only a short time away from becoming confident academic writers!
- Clear, detailed, step-by-step instructions.
- Student-friendly visual aid for crafting effective academic paragraph. Print it out, put it on the wall, or project it! It's ready to guide students as they compose their writing.
- Claim, evidence, analysis paragraph checklist.
- Two easy-to-follow essay templates ready to be printed out and used right away.
- Infographs clearly define claim, supporting detail, evidence, and analysis. Print these out and give them to your students for quick reference.
- Example paragraph and essays. One copy is the actual student essay. The second copy has the thesis, claim, evidence, and analysis annotated in corresponding colors. Transitions in bold and underlined. Students can practice identifying elements of a successful essay and then apply this skill to their own work or each others.