Trying to prepare your EL students for the CELDT (California English Language Development Test)? This packet was modeled off of each of the 4 categories (13 total sub-tests) that are used on this state exam on second-language learners to determine English proficiency (grades 7-12).
The Listening publication includes:
(1) Table of Contents to provide a clear overview of all parts on the CELDT
(2) A simple outline of what the CELDT is, how it's used, and the future impacts this test may have on API scores
(3) An overview of the Listening portion of the test, test questions topics, how it's scored, test released questions, common problem areas for students
(4) Following Oral Directions: 5 practice exercises and 5 exams with 10 prompts each
(5) Teacher Talk: 5 exams with 10 prompts each
(6) Extended Listening Comprehension: 5 stories with 3-5 reading comprehension questions each
(7) Answer key
(8) Scoring and how it relates to CELDT level
Teachers who used these activities and practice tests with EL students who were Intermediate to Advanced scored Proficient on the Speaking portion of the test.
Last updated: December 2010
(Visit http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/el/documents/celdtrtqs0408.pdf for the CELDT Test Released Questions.)