Also included in
- Introduce and reinforce the CER strategy with your science students using this bundle of materials. These lessons will walk you through introducing the claim, evidence, reasoning method to your students to help clarify, think critically, and explain their scientific reasoning to demonstrate their kn$8.39$12.00Save $3.61
Are you trying to implement CER into your science classroom and not sure where to start? This resource will walk you through introducing it to your students using teacher tips pages, give you ideas for practicing with your students, student reference sheets, scaffolded classroom decor posters, student graphic organizer, and a rubric to assess their writing.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate their knowledge of scientific principles through crafted writing responses
- Utilize the claim, evidence, reasoning formula to summarize their understanding of science activities, classroom discussions, and real-life scenarios
This resource includes:
- Teacher tips pages: Explanation of how to implement this writing strategy into your science classroom
- Directions to print 8.5" x 11" posters to a larger size
- Classroom poster: Claim, evidence, reasoning poster sized at 18" x 24"
- Scaffolded posters: Various posters sized at 8.5" x 11" which include the terms claim, evidence, reasoning as well as a definition and examples
- Formula poster: Sized at 8.5" x 11" will walk students through writing a thorough response
- Practice examples: Ideas to use 5 real-life examples with your students
- Student reference sheets: Perfect to put in a student science notebook
- Student graphic organizer: Use with students as they are learning about the strategy or hand out to struggling students who need a differentiated approach
- Digital Google Slides version of the organizers and examples
- Rubric: Assess student responses using the rubric
- This resource is perfect for teaching students how to write scientific arguments with evidence. It pairs nicely with my adopted science curriculum.
- My students used this as individual anchor to refer to when using the CER writing in Science. My students and I found this resource helpful especially for students who are new to this strategy. Several of them kept referring back to chart to check their responses.
- Of all the CER products I looked at, this one seemed to be the most thorough.
- There were some helpful tips on how to start teaching CER. I liked the suggested videos to help students get better at applying CER to daily situations.
- I love that this resource provides multiple ways to use the material, and it is very clear! It lines up perfectly with what I'm currently teaching and there is a rubric!!
This resource will help your NGSS aligned units.
Science units you might be interested in:
- Atoms and Elements
- Chemical and Physical Changes
- Potential Kinetic and Forms of Energy Unit
- Newton's Laws of Motion
- Periodic Table of Elements
- Simple Machines
- States of Matter
- Human Body System Unit
- Plant and Animal Cell Unit
- Ecology and Ecosystem
- Weathering and Erosion
- Rocks and Minerals
- Oil Spill STEM Activity
- Moon and Lunar Cycle
- Tides and Eclipses
- Earth's Rotation and Revolution
- Characteristics and Life Cycle of a Star
- Star Systems and Galaxies
- Solar Systems and Planets
Kindly Note: If you have questions, do not hesitate in emailing me at Teaching Muse Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Teaching Muse. I would love for you to become a follower.
Teaching Muse followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Teaching Muse. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Additionally, this product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.