This download features 10 sets of word problems in all 14 problem types for Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI) for a total of 140 different words problems. Easy to differentiate since you choose the actual numbers for each problem according to your students’ needs. For each CGI problem type, the problem is typed up in a large one page version, a cut and paste version for student notebooks with 6-8 per page and a teacher record sheet for each problem that can be used for small group planning and anecdotal notes—that’s 420 pages! Each page has an abbreviation for the problem type and an abbreviation key is included.
Problem types include:
• Join Problems — Joint Result Unknown, Join Change Unknown, Join Start Unknown
• Separate Problems — Separate Result Unknown, Separate Change Unknown, Separate Start Unknown
• Part-Part-Whole Problems — Part-Part-Whole with the Whole Unknown, Part-Part-Whole with One Part Unknown
• Compare Problems — Compare Difference Unknown, Compare Quantity Unknown, Compare Referent Unknown
• Multiplication and Division Problems — Multiplication, Measurement Division, Partitive Division
You may also like my CGI Word Problem Task Cards that go with these sets such as:
Word Problem Task Cards to 100 - Apples
Word Problem Task Cards to 20 - Hopping Down the Bunny Trail
Word Problem Task Cards to 100 - Cookies
Word Problem Task Cards to 20 - Leprechauns, Shamrocks and Gold
Each set is available with numbers up to 20 and numbers up to 100.
Based on the following research and practical insights:
Carpenter, Thomas P., Elizabeth Fennema, Megan Loef Franke, and Linda Levi. 1999. Children’s Mathematics: Cognitively Guided Instruction. Portsmouth, NH:Heinemann.
Wedekind, Kassia Omohundro. 2011. Math Exchanges: Guiding Young Mathematicians in Small-Group Meetings. Portland, ME: Stenhouse Publishers.
***This product is also included in The Ultimate CGI Word Problem Bundle
where all of my CGI products are bundled for extra savings.