What is CGI Problem Solving Open Ended Daily Word Problems?
- This is a daily math routine based in the research of CGI (Cognitively Guided Instruction) that prioritizes students innate ability to reason and problem solve instead of directly teaching strategies. These problems are used to build students' conceptual understanding in a daily problem solving lesson.
- This is a month of open ended problems to be used daily in a problem solving lesson.
What will you find in this resource?
- Complete plans & student solving pages prepared for the month of December! (20 days)
- CGI Lesson Plan
- Explanation of CGI, videos & a "how I teach cgi" guide.
- Weekly teachers guide explaining problem types & standards addressed.
- 20 unique slides of word problems ready to use with students.
- Google Slides
- Ready to Print
- Ready to use VIRTUALLY for distance learning. 100% digital teaching ready.
- ALL SLIDES ARE COMPLETELY EDITABLE!!
- 1 month (DECEMBER) no prep routine to teach students 5th grade standards.
- BONUS: 5 blank templates!
How can you use CGI Problem Solving - Open Ended Daily Word Problems in your classroom?
- Assign to students virtually and allow them to show their work directly on the slide. (No sure which tech tools to use? Check out myBlog Post!)
- Slides are ready to print and use with students tomorrow. Truly, NO PREP
Simply copy and paste the slide(s) you want to assign to students into a new slide show and assign on your platform.
Want to see CGI Problem Solving in action?
- 2 videos included in the teacher's guide to show you how this looks both virtually and in person.
- Let’s stay connected onInstagram &Twitter for more examples of how I use this in my classroom.
- Check out my website!www.locallearnersandco.com
- Get my FREE GUIDE '10 Ways to Transform your Math Classroom Culture & help your students fall in love with math' @my website!
- Sign up for my
Like FREE MONEY? Haha, duh.
- Reviewing TPT purchases gives you FREE TPT credit!
- Click on “My Purchases”>> Find the resource>> Click “Leave a Review”>>Select 1-5 Stars and jot a quick sentence of feedback.