CHAMPS is a strategy that teachers can individualize for their classroom needs. It focuses on manipulating five behaviors that promote better student behavior:
1. Structure your classroom to prevent misbehavior
2. Teach your expectations regarding how to be successful within the structure you created
3. Observe whether students are meeting your expectations
4. Interact positively with students
5. Correct misbehavior fluently, briefly, calmly, consistently, immediately, and privately
This PowerPoint is a thorough explanation of the strategy, including examples of the way it can be used in the classroom.