Also included in
- Looking for an easy way to teach what character traits are? Would a list of positive character traits help your students? These worksheets for character traits to practice before reading the story can help build the background you are seeking.What's Included:5 short stories to identify character trPrice $5.75Original Price $8.00Save $2.25
It can be tricky to explain what character traits are. Identifying the character traits of a person requires readers to notice what the character says and does.
This resource provides you with short stories to support your character traits lessons.
Also included is a list of positive character traits and some negative in alphabetical order. These 135 character traits will support vocabulary development too.
You can also create a bulletin board or word wall with the larger-sized traits cards.
- 5 short stories to provide examples of character traits. Use for mini-lessons and extra practice with your students. Colored and Black / White versions
- An open-ended graphic organizer to use with any fiction story
- Character Traits Synonyms List
- 135 Character Traits List -
- 135 Character Traits Word Wall Cards
Please look at the PREVIEW slides to see samples of this resource.
Once your students have practiced with these short stories, they will be ready to look for the character traits of the characters in other books. The open-ended graphic organizer can be used with any story.
Want More? Also Available Are:
Here's What Teachers Are Saying:
♥ "This was an amazing resource to use. It was very easy and my students enjoyed using this product. I highly recommend this product. It had everything I needed to provide instruction to my students. It was easy to follow and the presentation was great."
♥ "Amazing product I highly recommend this and especially works well with distance learning. It is easy for the students to use."
♥ "Love using these cards to kick off my character study unit! They are great to use in small groups for previewing character trait vocabulary."
♥ "Thank you for creating this! I love that you include the sentence frames as a means of gradual release as well as differentiation."
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I hope you find this resource beneficial in your classroom.
Please remember that these activities are for just you and your students.
If you would like a copy of this product for more than one teacher, please download additional licenses, available at a great discounted price.
Electronic distribution is limited to SINGLE classroom use only. Do not post this product electronically in ANY form. Do not copy or sell any part of this product. To do so violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Copyright © Alison Monk All rights reserved the author.
The Literacy Garden LLC
For more ideas and teacher tips:
♥ The Literacy Garden is committed to designing resources that help students grow in ELA proficiency and become successful readers and writers. I'd love to hear how this resource worked with your class!