CHARACTERIZATION Drama Unit. This is a fully detailed, curriculum aligned drama unit which provides you with 5 x 100 minute whole lesson plans. NO PREP REQUIRED! This unit comes with everything you need including detailed lesson plans, neutral scripts, an original character script to perform, homework handouts, character cards and a fakebook character template. I've done your term planning for you so you and have included detailed instructions so you can implement a quality characterisation drama unit! A fundamental area of drama study. Suitable for all high school levels!
Note on timing: you may like to take some of the activities slower than indicated. I have jam packed the unit on purpose (with options for extension activities) so you have plenty of options for dynamic classes.
- 5 x 100 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans with well explained activities in a well structured sequence
- Homework Tasks
- Character Cards
- Neutral Scripts
- Extension / Additional Activities
- Original Script to perform
- Fakebook social media character profile template
You will need a media player to play some YouTube clips (links provided) in one of the lessons.
KEY VOCABULARY: Characterisation. Inner-thoughts. Movement. Gesture. Body Language. Frozen Image. Hot Seating. Roll on the Wall. Meaning. Stereotypes. Naturalistic. Caricature. Centre of Gravity. Neutral Dialogue.
UNIT AIMS: Students will identify and use a variety of drama techniques to create, refine and sustain original characters
- Work individually and collaboratively to apply a range of improvisation and other strategies to create scripted and improvised characters
- Explore character’s inner thoughts and feelings
- Explore how character affects dialogue
- Convey emotion and character through frozen image
- Use repetition and analysis to create and revise dramatic work
- Perform rehearsed and scripted theatre work
- Assist peers developing characters
- Explore the issue of bullying through drama, using personal experience and knowledge to create a character
- Demonstrate literacy in drama vocabulary
*********** Looking for the handiest drama resource you will ever own? *************
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
NEVER BE STUCK FOR A DRAMA ACTIVITY AGAIN!
Grab 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card classic sets (also available individually) CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK
with Character, Emotion, Location, Movement, Mime Drama Cards and more...
OR CHECK OUT SOME OTHER SETS (available individually):
FORBIDDEN WORD SCENES
+ MORE AVAILABLE
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
Stay tuned to my page DRAMA TRUNK
for more fantastic drama resources – from drama activities and classes for little people; primary school level drama; secondary curriculum, drama cards and more...
Please note that this product is for personal classroom teaching or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. © 2017 Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.