Jean Craighead George's poignant story, Charlie's Raven, captures the attention and emotions of students just like her other books such as Julie of the Wolves, and The Missing Gator of Gumbo Limbo.
I created this unit using chapter Exit Tickets so there are only somewhat short pauses between chapters. I divided the novel into four (4) parts for the sake of word study and quizzes. Included are -
- Exit Tickets for each chapter - Ch. 1 to 16; a one page worksheet for Ch. 17
- Quizzes for each of the four parts, which I label Parts A, B, C, & D
- Word study - one page each for Part A and Part B - one page for combined Pt. C & D
- A cover page for students to fill in regarding general information about the book, and
including a small word search
- Four writing prompts plus a theme question - on two pages
- Illustration page for stories within the story,
- Teacher Suggestions
_ Answers Included
Please see the Preview for sample pages and breakdowns of the quizzes.