Chemical reactions NGSS activity packet, 39 pages, information, activities, assessments, quiz, vocabulary, teacher notes and guide. NGSS MATTER AND ITS INTERACTIONS MS-PS1. chemistry, chemical reactions, atoms and elements, exothermic reactions, endothermic reactions, chemistry ws, chemistry worksheets, middle school, biologyguy, edwhite
Thank you for purchasing this NGSS aligned resource “chemical reactions MS-PS1.B”. This resource includes information and activities, which cover the core ideas for the unit “NGSS MS-PS1 MATTER AND ITS INTERACTIONS”.
Students will read the required information, complete activities, and then assess their learning using the performance based assignments. Each assignment is aligned to the performance standards which are found in the Next Generation Science Standards MS-PS1 MATTER AND ITS INTERACTIONS
Each assignment includes notes, rubrics and an answer key. This resource will cover the following standards and topics.
CHEMICAL REACTIONS MS-PS1.B
1. Examples of chemical reactions.
2. How to determine whether a chemical reaction is taking place.
3. A look at reactants and products
4. What happens to the atoms in a chemical reaction?
5. Energy in chemical reactions. Endothermic and Exothermic reactions.
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
1. Information about each topic
2. Activities for each topic
3. Performance based assessments aligned to the NGSS
4. Final project, where students design a thermal energy glove.
5. Teacher notes and rubrics
6. Vocabulary exercise
7. Quiz and answer key
This resource is designed to be delivered to your students over a 1-2 week period. Each information sheet, activity and assessment material includes performance and standard indicators, so that you and your students know which standards are being addressed.
I hope that you enjoy this resource.