This product can be used for both classroom and homeschooled students. Students research China on the Internet with suggested educational websites. Students create a Chinese flag and compare and contrast the American flag with the flag of China. Students write an essay on what they have learned about China. They locate, identify and label the country of China on a map of Asia. Students research Chinese food recipes and complete a related recipe/following directions assignment. The unit ends with a fun word search.
Included in this unit are...
- Internet worksheet on China facts
- Quiz on China facts
- China flag image
- Color a Chinese flag
- Create a flag of China
- Writing Assignment: Research and describe the flag of China
- Double Bubble Organizer/Web: Compare and contrast the U.S. flag with the flag of China
- Writing Prompt: Write a compare and contrast paragraph
- Organizer/Web: Create a tree map using facts about China
- Write 10 complete sentences about China
- Writing Prompt: Write an essay about China
- Writing Prompt/Following Directions: Research recipes from China and write directions for one of your choice.
- Map Skills: Locate China on a map of the world