This Chinese New Year pack includes 100 pages of printables to create developmentally appropriate centers and activities for early learners - preschool, pre-K and Kindergarten. This pack includes all the animals of the zodiac, so it can be used every year.
Chinese New Year in 2018 begins on February 16th.
IMPORTANT - Download the PREVIEW to see many more pages, and to make sure that this is the educational level you are looking for.
Contents (Click the titles in the actual resource to go right to the page)
• Animals of the zodiac flash cards
• Animals of the zodiac word wall cards with header
• Animals of the zodiac coloring posters
• Chinese New Year math mats – count sets of fortune cookies into traditional Chinese bowl
• Tangram puzzle – match 7 shapes, or cut and paste
• 3 Chinese New Year songs plus a picture to color or add to
• Color/cut out a Chinese flag
• Mah jhong tiles flash cards 1-8 – match, sort, or arrange in number sequence.
• Poster in color and b/w – Happy Chinese New Year.
• 2 story starters – draw and/or dictate
• Trace and color – eating with chopsticks
• 6 piece puzzle – red lantern photo
• Count to 10 in Chinese – pictograms, Chinese words, English numbers
• Connect the matching pictogram numbers.
• Happy Chinese New Year /spring banners cut and paste
• Emergent reader – A Lantern Rainbow (in color)
• Emergent reader – A Lantern Rainbow (in b/w)
• Order by size – bowls of food for New Year’s feast.
• Color posters – 6 Chinese icons (lantern, panda etc)
• Dragon border stationery
• Color by number – Chinese lantern
• Chinese New Year lion mask
• 3 coloring pages
• Set of 10-frame firecracker cards 0-10
• Set of dragon number cards, 0-20
• “Lucky money “number cards 0-10 – match sets of coins with the children holding red envelopes
• Shape cards – cut each card in half, children match the halves (12 shapes)
• Play dough mats (2)
• 6 Piece puzzles (2)
KidSparkz Teaching Resources