Also included in
- If you are looking for team-building activities to keep your students engaged during the last few days, weeks or month before the holidays, then THE GREAT HOLIDAY ESCAPE BUNDLE is for you! Students will complete a variety of tasks using different skills including problem-solving, critical thinking,$49.99$69.93Save $19.94
- Escape rooms are the ultimate team-building activities and work great as back-to-school activities or at times during the year when students (and teachers) need a break! Get everyone in the class working together and collaborating with these fun, team-building, low-prep escape room games! This growi$109.99$157.83Save $47.84
- Middle and High School Christmas Writing: This discounted and growing Ho Ho Holiday Bundle includes an array of different Christmas writing activities. These activities would be especially helpful around the months of November and December in an English Language Arts classroom, so unwrap a new acti$41.99$66.24Save $24.25
There are five Christmas escape room-type (trivia) challenges included in this file. Each activity can be completed individually or in conjunction with one another, depending on the time available in your planning. The challenges could be used as individual, pair or small group activities. The puzzles and games are designed to promote communication, cooperation and problem-solving skills. A detailed and thorough teacher instruction page has been included, which provides differentiated instructions and ideas for each of the five challenges included. GOING DIGITAL? Click HERE for a digital Christmas escape room experience!
A fun, one-minute ★★ has been included, which will help to set the scene before the escape room is to begin! The video outlines the themes of each of the challenges. Simply, open the video file included, display on a Smart Board and let the fun begin!
This resource is also not content specific, so you can virtually use it in any class where you may want your students to have a bit of fun before this holiday. Did you know? This escape-style activity is double the fun because you can also use this at your next staff Christmas party or Christmas gatherings with your friends and family! Don't limit the excitement of these challenges to your classroom!
Group size: 3-5 students (Note: This can be completed as an individual and/or pair activity)
Time: Approximately 20-30 minutes per individual challenge (Provide hints along the way if time is a factor!)
Materials: Aside from the materials that you would already have in your classroom (pencils, pens, scissors and colored pencils or crayons), no additional supplies are needed! These escape room-style games were created as a print-and-go resource.
How to use this with your students: (several, flexible options)
• One activity a day, for five days leading up to the Christmas break
• One activity a day, for five days anytime in December
• As a complete activity (over several, continuous class periods)
• As bonus work for students who finish their work early
• As a homework activity to promote critical thinking skills
BAH HUMBUG! Santa accidentally locked himself in the toy workshop and he needs your help to get him out! But, before he can be freed from the workshop, you will have to successfully complete a series of tasks and challenges.
Challenge #1: Christmas Carol Hidden Message
I hope you know your Christmas carols because in order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to be able to identify the correct lines from popular Christmas tunes.
Challenge #2: Encrypted Christmas Message
Put your detective skills in place because this challenge is going to require you to unlock a secret message in a unique font. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to answer a series of questions based on three separate articles written in The North Pole Times.
Challenge #3: Christmas Treat Word Maze
Hopefully, you know your Christmas treats because you will have to sharpen your pencil (and eyes!) and pay attention to the letters within the maze. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to collect letters that will spell out a word. This word will lead you to the end of the maze.
Challenge #4: Christmas Movie Trivia
Grab some popcorn and think back to some Christmas movies that you may have viewed over the last few years. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to answer a series of multiple-choice questions about several popular Christmas movies, then work together to solve the lock code.
Challenge #5: Ornament Race/Scavenger Hunt
Put your thinking cap on because you are going to have to race to answer a bunch of Christmas trivia questions, then decorate your tree accordingly. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to correctly color and place symbols on your tree, according to the ornament task cards provided.
*Upon completion of the challenges, three themed ("The Great Christmas Escape") editable certificates have been included, so you can easily type in a name and date and give each student who participated something for their efforts! In addition, a one-page, post-activity reflection on the escape room has also been included.
Check out the FREE preview for a better look at this team-building activity!
© The Classroom Sparrow