CHRISTMAS GRAMMAR ACTIVITY
This Christmas grammar resource allows students to edit grammar, spelling, and punctuation in a fun and modern way! Students will have the chance to read some of their favorite Christmas characters' social media updates to find errors, correct them, and give reasons for their corrections!
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A BUNDLE. CLICK BELOW!
CHRISTMAS READING & WRITING BUNDLE
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• 14 social media for students to edit (1/2 page task card format)
• Detailed answer key provided with reasoning for all edits
• A powerpoint presentation to go over all of the edits with your students
• A smaller version of the updates (cut into strips) for multi-use
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
This product can be used in a few different ways:
1. Christmas Edit Edit Of The Day,: Introduce one of the updates to your class each day for the 14 days leading up to Christmas break. Everyone gets a copy and makes the edits and reasoning on their own (or you can do it in groups or pairs). Then you can use the Powerpoint to go over the update together as a class and come to a consensus.
2. Christmas Writing Centers: Include a packet of the task cards at a writing center where students can choose which updates to work on. Edits can be made in their writing notebook rather than on the sheet (so you don’t have to make tons of copies). You can also make an answer key booklet for them to use after they are done!
3. Pair Work: Give each pair of students a Christmas update task card and have them complete it together. Then each pair can present the update to the class, and share what edits they made. The class can give further suggestions.
4. Group Work: Give a group of three or four students one of the Christmas updates and have them come to an agreement about the edits to make and the rewritten sentence. The group can present the update to the class when they are finished.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS ACTIVITY
♥ This was a fun way to review grammar. My students enjoyed them.
♥ Great activity for around the holidays! My kids are getting the holiday spirit! Thanks for a great resource!
♥ This is a fun twist to bell ringers.
Like This? Check Out Some Of My Other Resources Below
GRAMMAR RESOURCE BUNDLE
EDITING CELEBRITY SOCIAL MEDIA
50 ASSIGNMENTS FOR ANY SHORT STORY OR NOVEL
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!