Buy 1 and get the other 1/2 off with these two seasonal resources together in a NO PREP 2 IN 1 BUNDLE.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
This is a discounted, BUNDLED pack of 2 resource items that are also available individually. The 2 resource items included in this bundle are zipped together as one zip file and are the same as the ones in the individual items listed below:
Helping Santa Design Thinking Project
HELPING SANTA | Design Thinking Project
• Challenge your students with a design thinking project
• Design thinking is an approach to learning that includes considering problems, research, analysis, coming up with original ideas and solutions, and lots of trial and error experimentation
Pages 1 to 7
Pages 8 to 32
No prep student usable pages to take them through the design thinking process.
Pages 33 to 49
Detailed teacher notes of how I used each resource page with my students.
Packet includes the following:
• Santa needs your help. Letter introducing students to the project.
• What is the problem? Students will empathize and choose feelings that Santa and his Elves are experiencing with the goal of defining the problem in their own words.
• Your mission. Handout with job directions about the mission.
• Notes about Person 1 to 5. Students will read the personality profiles for 5 different people to understand and research what their needs and preferences are.
• Student notes organizer for Person 1 to 5 and a classmate.
• Gift wrap design sheet for Person 1 to 5 and a classmate.
• Individual student survey to understand what their classmates' needs and preferences are.
• Interview a Classmate. Create questions and interview.
• Toy notes organizer (QR code version). Students will scan the QR code, which will take them to an online resource to research toys that fit the needs and preferences of the different personalities.
• Toy notes organizer (without QR code). Students can brainstorm and ideate what toys each person would like.
• Reflection sheet. Post-project reflection.
31 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WINTER COUNTDOWN NO PREP PRINTABLES Common Core Aligned Math Literacy
• 31 days of usable Christmas and winter-themed printables
• "No Days/Not a Countdown" version of this resource. Same resource except each activity printable does not have "Day 1, Day 2, Day 3...to Day 31" printed on the corner. Instead it has the word "Date" for teachers who don't want a "countdown" packet. This gives you the option of selecting the activities to do at anytime.
• B/W and Color version are included. With the b/w version - save on ink/printing costs or allow your students to use the packet as a coloring activity page. With the color version use it to project the pages onto your projector screen/interactive board to model or introduce it to students or even laminate the pages as a write on/wipe off for math/literacy centers.
Pages 1 to 7
Pages 8 to 9
Common Core aligned reference to see which CCSS each activity connects to
Pages 10 to 12
Different versions of student cover pages (Countdown to Christmas, Countdown to the Winter Holidays, My Winter Break Activity Packet)
Pages 13 to 14
Student reflection and grade tracker for each day's assignment.
Pages 15 to 67
31 days of Common Core compatible math and literacy no prep open ended printables, with extra activities to allow for greater differentiation
Pages 68 to 81
Answer keys to select printables
Pages 82 to 87
Handwriting lined paper for "small" writers in case you plan on using this with high-flying second graders
Packet includes the following:
1) Literacy: Putting Yourself in Santa's Shoes Opinion Open Ended
2) Literacy: Rudolph Wants Gifts too! Opinion Open Ended
3) Literacy: Here Comes Santa's Reindeers Decoding Words
4) Literacy: It's Still December Word Search Decoding Words
5) Literacy: Frosty Winter Scavenger Hunt Gathering information through surveys and questioning Open Ended
6) Literacy: If I Were a Snowman Writing Narrative Open Ended
7) Literacy: Celebration at the North Pole Writing Letter Open Ended
8) Literacy: When it Snows Where do the Animals go? Informational Text
3 Leveled Passages (Grades 3-5): When it Snows Where do the Animals go? WC = Word Count ○ 760 Lexile 108 WC (3rd) □ 870 Lexile 133 WC (4th) ◇ 960 Lexile 193 WC (5th)
9) Literacy: Finding the Main Idea When it Snows Where do the Animals go?
10) Literacy: Finding Two Main Ideas When it Snows where do the Animals go?
11) Literacy: Where are you going Gingerbread Man? Writing Narrative
12) Literacy: Reading Recipes Informational Text Gingerbread Cookies
13) Literacy: Answering Literal Questions Informational Text Gingerbread Cookies
14) Literacy: Open ended Inference Questions Informational Text Gingerbread Cookies
15) Literacy: Author's Craft & Text Structure Questions Informational Text Gingerbread Cookies
16) Literacy: All I Want for Christmas is...Writing Gratitude Journal and List making Open Ended
17) Literacy: What If? Using My Imagination to Create a Story Readers Perspective, Asking/Answering Questions, Writing Open Ended
18) Creativity: Santa Needs an Outfit Open Ended
19) Creativity: Can't Catch Me I'm the Gingerbread Open Ended
20) Creativity: Hey What's Snowing On Open Ended
21) Math: Calculating Candy Canes Mental Math (Addition/Subtraction) Open Ended
22) Math: Calculating Candy Canes (Multiplication/Division) Open Ended
23) Math: What is Christmas Worth? Addition with 2, 3, and 4 digits Open Ended
24) Math: Merry Measuring Length in inches and centimeters with estimation Open Ended
25) Math: Place Value Ladders (Whole Numbers)
26) Math: Place Value Ladders (Decimals)
27) Math: Ordering Stockings from Least to Greatest
28) Math: Presents and Patterns Open Ended
29) Math: Multiplying Gifts Open Ended
30) Math: Dividing Gifts Open Ended
31) Math: Sledding Through Fractions/Number Lines Open Ended
32) Math: Frosty Fractions Open Ended
33) Math: Fractions Winter Wonder-Animal Open Ended
34) Math: Scheduling Santa's Day
35) Math: Tally up data & Bar graph What is your favorite…? Open Ended
36) Math: Ms. Santa Claus's Shapes Quilt Open Ended
37) Math: Adding and Subtracting In and out of the Gingerbread house Open Ended
38) Math: Multiplying and Dividing In and out of the Gingerbread house Open Ended
39) Math: Merry Mugs and Patterns Open Ended
FULL PAGE PREVIEW OF BOTH ITEMS
For a closer look, visit each item link and click on the green preview button for full pages of the printables you will be receiving in this download.
Please note that this product was created in 8.5 X 11 in. paper format standard in the USA. I'm teaching overseas where the standard paper size is A4. I've been able to print on any other size paper by choosing 'shrink to fit' or 'fit to printable area' in the printer options. I've even enlarged some response activities to fit on A3 paper for group work.
You might also like these seasonal offerings!
CHRISTMAS HALLOWEEN BUNDLE December November Fall Packets
Christmas Winter 31 Days of Open Ended Common Core Math Literacy Packet
FUN CHRISTMAS DESIGN THINKING PROJECT Open Ended No Prep
FOLLOW ME ON THIS TPT JOURNEY
Be the first to know about new additions, future freebies, and product launches! Look for the green star ✰
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
so you can receive updates and discounts to your TPT account.
Here you will find mostly open ended, concept inquiry based, PYP related educational materials appropriate for second through fifth grade.
If you have any questions, concerns, or other comments, please feel free to contact me at: SimplyOpenEnded@gmail.com
::: (\_(\ ♥
*: (=’ :’) :*♥WE LOVE FEEDBACK!
•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»♥PLEASE GO TO YOUR "MY PURCHASES" PAGE TO LEAVE SOME.
Like this resource? Tell others about it!
Pin this resource on Pinterest-just scroll up to the thumbnail images and click on the Pin It button on the left side of this page to share with fellow teachers.
How to Give Feedback:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you will need to be logged in). Beside each purchase you will see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a comment.
How Feedback Works:
Earn TpT Credits for purchases on TpT. You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT. Thing is, you only get the Credits after you Provide Feedback -- both a fair rating and a fair comment -- on the items that you purchase. TPT will round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. For example, 50 credits is worth $2.50. (Source: TeachersPayTeachers)