As students frequently confuse Cinco de Mayo with Mexican Independence day, this short history informational reading lesson will give them the correct background for the holiday. Included in this NO PREP unit are -
- a two page informational reading detailing the country's independence day of September 16 and the events that caused May 5 to be celebrated as well,
- a one page study question worksheet to reinforce the information from the informational reading,
- handout with template for A Serape Poem, plus student directions page,
- a word search for foods and events involving Cinco de Mayo celebrations,
- an essential question, on a separate stationery page.
Please see Preview for a sample of the first informational page and the worksheet.