This packet is a companion guide to the Listening Strand in CKLA (Core Knowledge Language Arts). This packet is used with the intent of keeping students engaged with the content that they are learning through different CKLA domains.
The first domain for CKLA in first grade is Fables and Stories.
This packet includes a variety of activities that correspond to each lesson in CKLA which may be used as an extension activity or reflection:
* Writing responses for the fables/tales
* Writing/drawing responses paired with vocabulary from the story
* Sequencing outline
* Brainstorming webs/outlines to create/reflect on the fables/tales
* An assessment page for Peter Rabbit (sequencing events/pictures from the story)
* Hands-on vocabulary mix & match (definitions with words from read alouds)
* A Reader's Theater based on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"
* Hands-on Fable and Moral mix & match