This packet is a companion guide to the Listening Strand in CKLA (Core Knowledge Language Arts). This packet is used with the intent of keeping students engaged with the content that they are learning through different CKLA domains.
The tenth domain for CKLA in first grade is A New Nation: American Independence.
This packet includes a variety of activities that correspond to each lesson in CKLA which may be used as an extension activity or reflection:
* Writing responses for the read alouds
* Writing/drawing responses paired with vocabulary from the read alouds
* Brainstorming webs/outlines to reflect on the read alouds
* Writing prompts
* Hands-on mix & match activities (definitions with words from read alouds)
* Mix & Match the facts to the Founding Fathers
* Fun enrichment activities (George Washington crafts, puppets, etc)
Follow me on TPT by clicking the green star to get new product updates.
Save money by becoming a TPT seller and providing feedback on purchases. Your feedback is valuable to me and helps me build better products :) Thank you!
I hope you enjoy!
Follow me (http://martinsmonkeys.blogspot.com/)