This packet is a companion guide to the Listening Strand in CKLA (Core Knowledge Language Arts). This packet is used with the intent of keeping students engaged with the content that they are learning through different CKLA domains.
The second domain for CKLA in first grade is The Human Body.
This packet includes a variety of activities that correspond to each lesson in CKLA which may be used as an extension activity or reflection:
* Writing responses for the different body systems
* Writing/drawing responses paired with vocabulary from the read alouds
* Sequencing the digestive system
* Brainstorming webs/outlines to create writing pieces
* An assessment page for the human body systems (sequencing events/pictures from the story)
* Hands-on vocabulary mix & match (definitions with words from read alouds)
* 2 enrichment activities that correspond with learning from the human body
* Hands-on system and function mix & match