This packet is a companion guide to the Listening Strand in CKLA (Core Knowledge Language Arts). This packet is used with the intent of keeping students engaged with the content that they are learning through different CKLA domains.
The third domain for CKLA in first grade is Different Lands, Similar Stories.
This packet includes a variety of activities that correspond to each lesson in CKLA which may be used as an extension activity or reflection:
* Writing responses for the fairy tales/folk tales
* Writing/drawing responses paired with vocabulary from the story
* Sequencing outline
* Brainstorming webs/outlines to create/reflect on the tales
* An assessment page for Issun Boshi (sequencing events/pictures from the story)
* Hands-on vocabulary mix & match (definitions with words from read alouds)
* Hands-on Story and elements mix & match
* Fun extension activities