This packet is a companion guide to the Listening Strand in CKLA (Core Knowledge Language Arts). This packet is used with the intent of keeping students engaged with the content that they are learning through different CKLA domains.
The fourth domain for CKLA in first grade is Early World Civilizations.
This packet includes a variety of activities that correspond to each lesson in CKLA which may be used as an extension activity or reflection:
* Writing responses for the read alouds
* Writing/drawing responses paired with vocabulary from the read alouds
* Venn Diagrams comparing civilizations
* Brainstorming webs/outlines to reflect on the read alouds
* Hands-on mix & match activities (definitions with words from read alouds)
* Fun enrichment activities (trading day like the Mesopotamians, pyramid building, etc)