Also included in
- This bundle contains every single Civics/Government resource from the Mister Harms store! You're getting every single resource but saving BIG with a whopping 20% OFF all current resources. Once the bundle is yours, you will then get 100% off all future products added to the bundle! Buying the bundle$45.00$57.00Save $12.00
- This bundle contains all of Mister Harms' resources on the United States Constitution. By choosing the bundle you are saving 20%! You also get the convenience of having all of these high-quality resources for your American History, Civics, and/or Government classes in one place! Scroll up to see t$11.20$14.00Save $2.80
- What's In This Bundle?This bundle contains access to EVERY single paid resource in the Mister Harms store! Save big and go for it! It's EVERYTHING! It's the whole kit and caboodle, the whole enchilada, the whole ball of wax, the whole shebang! Whatever you want to call it, you're going to get it al$160.00$274.05Save $114.05
Have you ever created a constitution for your own classroom? Each year in civics class, as we learn about the United States Constitution, I have my students help create our very own class constitution. The students love being a part of creating rules and policy for our classroom. This student-led activity has always proven to be a success! Each student's voice is heard as they actively engaged in crafting of an official document for the class. The process begins as students are grouped to draft goals and purposes in the form of a preamble. Once the preamble is approved, students give voice to a variety of articles that should be included in the constitution. When complete, all students will ratify and sign the big document!
Your students will have fun with this entire learning process. Not only will they better understand what a constitution is and how a constitution works, but you will now have an official, student created document to guide your classroom. I have always found this activity to be an academic success, and a great way to improve classroom behavior as well. You will even find students holding you accountable to their constitution! After 10 years of teaching this lesson, I've worked out the bugs for you to have a successful implementation. Even though I use this for my Civics class, you can certainly use this activity for any subject matter. Making a constitution can be fun and rewarding for all classrooms! Enjoy, you'll love it! For more resources on the Constitution click here.
- 3 pages of detailed teacher directions that explains the entire process
- A full sample template of my classroom's constitution for content ideas
- A link to access an editable, GOOGLE Drive version of my constitution to make it your own
- Pictures of my completed and signed classroom constitution to help you see the finished product
Thanks so much for stopping by! It's great to meet you! I hope this resource adds value to your classroom. If you have time, I'd love for you to leave a rating on this product with your awesome feedback, and make sure to follow Mister Harms for important updates and savings. I would also love to see how you've incorporated this product into your classroom. Feel free to post a photo of this resource in action and tag @misterharms so I can meet you! I hope you have a wonderful day!
You may also like:
Government: The Bundle Get and save big!