This 105-page Digitally Enhanced bundle includes handouts, forms and student activities that meet middle school and high school teachers' wants and needs in these three focus areas: Planning, Teaching, and Managing Secondary Classrooms.
Although some of the information here is self-explanatory to rookie and veteran teachers, other ideas become clearer after instructors read the corresponding blogs. Some days, we educators need a heads-up on how to use a new item. Other times, we are overwhelmed by concerns of still unknown academic policies addressing classroom and /or virtual teaching experiences that will become professional expectations. To alleviate our stress, we need a variety of perspectives that will help us plan, teach, and manage physical and virtual classrooms.
Blogs are interspersed with each segment of this product to show teachers how to efficiently create flexible lesson plans, classroom rules, and behavior standards. Numerous teaching ideas, handouts and classroom management forms that meet many of your wants and needs are in one place, saving you valuable time creating them whether your classroom is virtual, in a brick and mortar building, or at home.
In the final pages, I invite you to take a break from all of your planning and organizing, and to kick back and relax with a post that always reminds me who holds the heart of teaching - In Defense of Teenagers.
Including Freebies (*) and paid products (**) from my TpT Store, posts from my website (***), and many new ideas, instructional notes, professional forms, and student activities in digital and print formats, teachers will find a plethora of material to help them smoothly move from the first day of the school year to the last, whether in a physical or virtual classroom.
Here is a summary of the material that comprise this teacher resource:
PLANNING pages 3-22
• Let's Begin- Classmart Lifesaver List*
• When Planning- The Rule of Three Rules***
• Plan Up! Getting Started
• Common Core Anchor Charts Grades 6-12
• Bloom's Taxonomy Wheel
• Class Matters- Keeping Track: Assignments Form
• Class Matters-Keeping Track: Grades Form
• Plan Up! Creating the Agenda (Using Animal Farm, George Orwell)**
Student Calendar-Animal Farm
Unit Structure Sample Form
Unit Structure-Blank Form
Unit Structure Activities Plan-Blank Form
Response Letters: Alternative Animal Farm Activity
TEACHING IDEAS pages 23-64
• Quartet of Ideas – 4 Freebies from my TpT Store *
Ten Sentence Format*
Analyzing Novels using the Elements of Literature
Reel in Readers with Magnetizing Hooks
Just say, NO!" to Dull Writing
• First Day Activities- 3 Freebies from my TpT Store *
First Day Writing Assignment
First Day Activity- Four Corners
Writing Activities (First Day)- What About Me?
• Friday Night Lights- Hook Students with a football and fall Non-fiction Unit**
• Teaching Ideas- Teaching Tip #1
• Teaching Ideas- Teaching Tip#2
MANAGING CLASS MATTERS- Proactive Prevails pages 65-102
• Five Teaching Tips That Eliminate Classroom Chaos***
• Managing Student Behavior: Obligations & Expectations
• Managing Student Behavior: Alleviating Off-Task Behavior
UhOh Bag Writing Consequence Form
General Incident/Consequence Form
• Managing Classroom Behavior: Proactive Prevails: 3 Teacher Survival Lessons***
• Managing Class Matters: Form, Function and Flexibility***
Getting to Know You: A Teacher's Back To School Assortment of First Day
Forms and Activities**
Teaching Lifesavers: Twelve Classroom Management Forms**
1. Lesson Launch: Writing Warm-Ups (Teachers)
2. Lesson Launch: Writing Warm-Ups (Students)
3. Honor Statements
4. Book Sign-Up Sheets
5. General Essay Grading Rubric
6. Late Homework Request
7. Tardy Sign-In Sheet
8. Restroom Pass
9. Hall Pass
10. Completed Assignments/Graded Assignments Folders
11. Incident Form
12. Closure: Exit Pass
• Class Matters: Oh No! I Need a Sub
Posts - 103-104
• In Defense of Teenagers***
Final Thoughts page 109
For individual packets included in this bundle, check out:
And this terrific help for writing college application recommendations:
I sincerely hope that you are thrilled with this compilation of material for planning, teaching and managing your classroom.
As always, this activity- PDF version- may be downloaded and printed for classroom use. Also, an Easel Activity is ready to be used for Google Classroom. Teachers may choose to add an interactive layer of their own for digital use by clicking on the red "Open in Easel" rectangle on the product's page.
For more ideas, check out my products for the basic secondary English curriculum as well as for two of the most important electives –in my opinion - journalism and creative writing-- in my TpT Store - Store/Connie.
Writing-190028 Note: All types of writing and the more specific, creative writing, lessons/activities are included in the Category.
Enjoy a Teach It Now Day Every Day!
Because you deserve a repertoire filled with
flexible, exhilarating lessons.
Build Powerful Academic Homes
For an automatic Heads-Up! email about Updated and New products, and also for Sales and other promotions, please click on the Follow Me star under my Store name, Connie.