CLASSICAL MUSIC - A WALK THROUGH TIME is a complete unit booklet exploring music of the Classical period. The unit comes with listening guides, activities, listening glyphs, composition tasks, performance tasks and links to video guides as well as listening examples.
Topics featured in the unit include:
- Activities exploring period arts, clothing and life of the streets in Europe
- A timeline of important events occurring in the world (Europe and America)
- Letter writing task
- Fast and friendly guide to the clasical period activities exploring the music of the period
- An animated graphic organiser activity with accompanying video exploring elements of music explored during the period
- A list of musical characteristics of the classical period
- Introduction to figured bass with accompanying videos
- Introduction to homophony for students with accompanying videos
- Introduction to the life of composer during the classical period and the patronage system
- Introduction to sonata form
Introduction to the symphony
- A list of famous composers from the period
- Classical instruments introduced with accompanying videos and listening activities
- Instrument research task
- Comparison task between the harpsichord and modern day piano with accompanying videos
- Task exploring the classical orchestra and the changes from the baroque period
- Classical orchestra layout
- Introduction to Mozart and Beethoven
- Introductory listening activities for sontata's and symphonies
- Composition task
- Performance tasks
- Fusion tasks exploring the similarities between modern music and classical music.
- Exploration of how Hollywood has developed composition techniques based on one very famous symphony.
Includes color and black & white versions.