A classroom management system to encourage positive behavior AND enhance math skills. Use Kindness Cash as an incentive and teach about banking! Students earn cash by participating in acts of kindness. They deposit money into a bank account to save for vouchers they buy on shopping days. Kids foster positive character traits by learning to be generous as they spend their play money on classroom reward coupons to give away as gifts to their classmates.
This fun activity combines altruistic giving with earning for students to learn about economics and enhance their math skills while nurturing character and positive values.
Students learn about earning, saving, spending, and giving. The "Cash Earners" poster gives students kind and helpful ideas for acts of kindness that earn them cash. When they have saved enough, they can spend their money in the Kindness Store but the kicker is that they are not buying rewards for themselves - they’re buying to give coupons to their classmates!!
The activity embeds positive values and a desire to help others while learning about earning money, saving (depositing), addition and subtraction, keeping a balance sheet, and spending (withdrawing). That’s the academic side of it.
The cooler part is that they also learn to GIVE! They learn what it means to be selfless. They learn that being kind is something you do with no expectation of a reward and that it feels good to give but also that being a good person sometimes rewards you in unexpected ways.
As kids earn and give, they have an incentive to be a kind, respectful and caring friend to be considered as a recipient of a reward that another classmate purchases from kindness store.
When students purchase their reward coupons (which are editable in Google Slides), they will contemplate who they would like to give them to and why that person deserves a gift. They fill out a “You Deserve an Act of Kindness” slip to accompany coupons they give to one of their classmates, noting what they did to deserve a treat.
Click here to follow my store and learn when I post new resources and freebies.
- Instructions on how to use
- Information about kindness
- Smaller notes for younger children - $1, $2, $5, $10
- Larger notes for older children - $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50
- All kindness cash notes come in full color, printer-friendly and black outlines for printing onto colored paper or coloring in
- "You Deserve an Act of Kindness" slips
- "Kindness Store Now Open" poster
- Bank account sheet
- Store Menu for younger students (editable in Google Slides)
- Store Menu for older students with larger $ values (editable in Google Slides)
- "Cash Earners" poster with ideas for earning kindness dollars (editable in Google Slides)
- 30 rewards coupons (editable in Google Slides)
- Use Kindness Cash as an incentive system for positive behavior.
- Use to teach students about money - earning, saving, spending and giving.
- Practice addition, subtraction, and how to balance a bank account.
- Nurture classroom community by instilling a foundation of kindness and caring.
- Teach students to be givers in a world where they're often conditioned to take.
* You will need Acrobat 7.0 or later - please contact me if you require an earlier version.
- Kindness Coloring Pages
- Kindness Checklists
- Gratitude Coloring Pages
- Gratitude Lesson Plans, Activities and Printables Bundle - 3 resources in one
- Kindness and Bucket Filling - SEL resources to improve wellbeing and reduce bullying
- Kindness Display Posters - for promoting positive feelings and actions in the classroom
If you have any questions or ideas for other products you'd like to see in our store, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more about what we do at www.ripplekindness.org.
Have a great day! ☺
★ Did you know you can save money on TpT resources by leaving feedback?
You can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing products you buy.
If you like this one, please leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account”.
Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps in determining which products are most valuable to you and your students.
★ Be the first to know about new products, freebies, and discounts by becoming a follower. Simply click the green star next to our store logo to receive email updates.
If you're interested in more resources, tips, and inspiration please follow Ripple on:
© Ripple Kindness Project
Materials are intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.