Classroom Management: Tools for Positive Behavior Management in Middle School
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking for ideas to help you get organized and manage academic and behavior expectations? Set your students up for success, academically and behaviorally, get organized, and stay organized all year with the tools in this Classroom Management and Organization Bundle!These resources contain 200+ pagePrice $72.56Original Price $90.70Save $18.14
High academic and behavior expectations can go hand-in-hand with a positive, nurturing classroom environment! More than any tangible reward you can give them, adolescents crave meaningful positive recognition.
Engaging, student-friendly, and ready to print-and-go, this resource is chock-full of positive behavior management tools and activities that will save you loads of time and set your students up for success all year long! These tools work effectively with 'tweens and teens to quietly diffuse potential mishaps, provide students with the encouraging recognition they need, create a positive classroom environment, and save your sanity! These are also great strategies to use to differentiate your classroom behavior management strategies in inclusive settings or in Special Education Classes.
THIS 60-PAGE POSITIVE BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- Filling the Gas Tank with Positive Behavior Recognition (a list of several ways to give middle school and high school students positive recognition for positive choices)
- “Plan of Action” to help middle schoolers and high schoolers reflect on their behavior and formulate a proactive plan to improve their choices.
- “Stop Signs” (a behavior management tool that allows you to give students a silent cue when you need them to change their classroom behavior – the card asks the student to stop their behavior and to stop and see you after class to discuss behavior)
- “Oops” forms (non-confrontational reminders that give students an opportunity to fix dress code infractions before returning to class)
- Kudos (shout-outs for great choices!)
- Free Study Hall Passes
- Invitations to Have Lunch with the Teacher (and a tip for making this one of the most requested rewards!)
- Invitations to Have Breakfast with the Teacher
- Seat Swap Coupons (Choose your own seat for a day)
- Free Computer Time Coupons
- Listen to Music Coupons
- Be Class DJ for a Day Coupons
- Free Doodle Time During Class Coupons
- Be Dismissed First From Class Coupons
- Chew Gum in Class Coupons
- Thanks for Showing R-E-S-P-E-C-T! (Notes to students)
- Cotcha' Cards (Notes to students)
- Cool Down Cards
- Strategies Especially For 'Tweens and Teens
- Meaningful Praise Especially For 'Tweens and Teens
- Lists of Tangible Rewards Especially For 'Tweens and Teens
- Strategies for Students with Challenging Behaviors
- Tracking Sheet for Positive Communications to Home
- Positive Notes Home
- 3 Behavior Journals and tools to implement them
- Letter appealing to parents for donations of tangible rewards to be used throughout the year
- 2 pages of Teaching Tips
FEEDBACK FROM TEACHERS:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ A great way to build rapport and a sense of community in the classroom! (Rebecca S.)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Absolutely wonderful resource! My kids treasure their Cotcha cards and the climate of my classroom has shifted to consistent positive vibes that has let learning just flourish. (Christine D.)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ These have helped so much in my classroom. I am wasting so much less teaching time. (Joni B.)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I LOVE this resource!!! I was looking for some basic reflection sheets, but this resource was beyond my expectation. I am trying to implement more PBIS strategies in my room and this resource gave so many great ideas and language to use with the kids -- what a great teaching resource as well! (Erica H.)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ WOW! I am floored by this purchase. Basically you are buying a book with EXCELLENT ideas and EVERYTHING YOU need to make your middle school class run smoothly. I am SO excited to use this and I know I will have great results from the extensive resource. This has to be one on my best purchases ever. (The Traveling Sea)
- Follow Literary Sherri on TpT
- Newsletter with Exclusive Freebies
- FB Community for 6-12 ELA Teachers
- Literary Sherri Blog
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you find this resource useful for your students, please help other teachers find it, also, by leaving feedback.
If this resource can be revised to better meet your students' needs, please reach out to me via my email or Q&A tab.
GET TpT CREDIT TO USE ON FUTURE PURCHASES:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click 'Provide Feedback' to leave a rating and a short comment.
- Earn TpT credits to redeem on future purchases!
I'm over-the-moon happy to create resources for you and your students! Thank you for stopping by.
Questions? Please email: email@example.com
© Literary Sherri www.literarysherri.com