This activity provides students with the opportunity to practice a negotiation activity with their peers.
Four countries are competing to try to gain control of scarce resources in a fictional ocean.
Students are broken into groups and provided with a set of goals for the negotiation, as well as a range of negotiation strategies that they should aim to employ.
The class is then led through a number of conflict resolution and negotiation stages where students must try to develop their own solution to the complex conflict.
Contained within this mini unit is:
- A 15 page print out that provides the students with the required background information on the countries.
- A 10 slide print out providing background information on each of the resources.
- A 3 page word document setting out exactly how to run the activity (including a script)
- A 3 page reflective activity designed to encourage students to reflect and evaluate their performance in the activity.
- A teaching guide, with specific instructions on how to run the negotiation activity
Works as a great follow up activity to:
NEGOTIATION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION: MINI UNIT
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS FROM FISCH ED
POLITICAL SIMULATION ASSIGNMENT
POLITICAL PARTIES UNIT AND CREATE A POLITICAL PARTY ASSIGNMENT
FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSIGNMENT
ECONOMICS INTRODUCTION ACTIVITY - REAL ESTATE AUCTION
INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS - MONOPOLY ACTIVITY