Help your students understand the process of close reading with this ready-to-use resource. Close reading is not something that comes naturally to most students. It is a skill that requires direct instruction and practice. After introducing this easy-to-use, step-by-step guide, students will have a strong understanding of how to interact
with a text to demonstrate understanding, analysis, and evaluation.
Included In Your Purchase:
• Teacher instructions on how to use the resource
• A Powerpoint presentation that goes through the key steps of a close reading (Before Reading, First Reading, Second Reading, Final Reading).
• A blank excerpt from Guy de Maupassant's short story, The Necklace, that students can use to annotate as you go through the presentation.
• A handout with detailed instructions for each of the steps.
• A handout with a detailed annotation of the excerpt that students can use as a model for reference.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
POETRY ANNOTATION: A HOW-TO GUIDE
COMPLETE SHORT STORY UNIT PLAN
A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS: VOLUME 2
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!