CLOSE READING & ANNOTATING TEXT
What educators are saying
CLOSE READING PRESENTATION, HANDOUTS, & ASSIGNMENT: Help your students understand the process of close reading with this ready-to-use resource. Close reading is not something that comes naturally to most students. It is a skill that requires direct instruction and practice. After introducing this easy-to-use, step-by-step guide, students will have a strong understanding of how to interact with a text to demonstrate understanding, analysis, and evaluation.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• Teacher instructions on how to use the resource
• A Powerpoint presentation that goes through the key steps of a close reading (Before Reading, First Reading, Second Reading, Final Reading).
• A blank excerpt from Guy de Maupassant's short story, The Necklace, that students can use to annotate as you go through the presentation.
• A handout with detailed instructions for each of the steps.
• A handout with a detailed annotation of the excerpt that students can use as a model for reference.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ Fantastic resource for teaching kids how to be close readers.
♥ Excellent walk-through of a close read! I love the step-by-step instructions. It made it so much easier for the kids! Thank you!
♥ This is really great! My students will love using this. Sometimes when they annotate, they worry more about what to look for than actually reading. I'm excited to put this to the test!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
POETRY ANNOTATION: A HOW-TO GUIDE
COMPLETE SHORT STORY UNIT PLAN
A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS: VOLUME 2
© Presto Plans
CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES