Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Black history month unit: Looking for a comprehensive unit to teach teach your students interactive storytelling skills by coding using the app Scratch or Scratch Jr.? Teaching students storytelling and coding is a critical component to any 21st-century classroom. However, if you are a classroom teacher you may feel you don't have the time to add one more thing to your already busy schedule. By integrating coding into your literacy curriculum, you have the ability to hit several standards all at once.
Who is This Product For?
Teachers who need engaging coding activities to excite their students while still teaching literacy and math standards.
PLEASE NOTE: I wrote this unit with Kindergarten through 2nd graders in mind but the ideas provided can definitely be taught to older students, especially if they have limited knowledge of coding or if you use the Scratch app.
What is included in this Unit?
You will receive 36 pages that include:
* Links to coding information and resources
* Objectives and Standards page
* Materials List
* Vocabulary Cards
* Assessments - Self & Peer Evaluation, Gumdrop Structures, and Rubric for Research Project
* 4 Lesson Ideas - Read Aloud (A Picture Book of Rosa Parks) STEM Lesson (Building a Foundation & Perseverance, Nonfiction Lesson (Writing Summaries), and Research Projects (Research Famous African-American)
* Task Cards for Creating Summaries
* Graphic Organizers
* Nonfiction Passages
* Links and QR Codes for Research
* Link to eBook Collection
* Sharing Projects & How-To Links
These interactive storytelling and coding activities are designed to help you implement this unit with confidence and ease.
Other Coding Products Include.