For the HMH Collections CLOSE READER, here are supplementary materials - quizzes and activities. This CLOSE READING book has such good selections, I felt students would benefit from additional activities, so I created this product plus activities for most of the other selections. Please see my store for the others, including bundles.
These various activities are designed so that the booklets do not have to be used as consumables and also add strength to the reading of the stories, articles, and essays.
Included in this bundle are:
- "from Polar Dream" - Quiz and activities for the memoir
- "The Hidden Southwest: The Arch Hunters" - Quiz and activities
- "Is Space Exploration Worth the Cost?" - activities
- "from The Most Daring of (Our) Leaders" - graphic notes plus activities
- "Doris Is Coming" - Analysis Writing prompt plus activities
- "Difference Maker: John Bergmann and Popcorn Park" - Quiz and activities
- Vocabulary and/or spelling study page for each of the six entries
Attached at the end of the file you will also get my very simplified check lists for CCSS ELA 7 - one page each for Reading Literature and Reading Informational Text. These contain just operative words and phrases and are meant for you the teacher to fill out as a quick check list. I only include these in bundles.
Please see the Preview for details about the above items.
These items (except "Is Space Exploration Worth the Cost?") are sold separately as well. Please see my store http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Arlene-Manemann
I also sell Bundle "A" with lessons for "Big Things Come in Small Packages," Finding Your Everest," "Arachne," " Heartbeat," "Hey, Come on Ou-t," "Labels and Illusions," and "Stinging Tentacles Offer Hint of Ocean's Decline."
Collections CLOSE READING Bundle "A"
For a sample of my work, please see this freebie.
Teenagers and New Technology