This unit includes...
- 2 handy detailed study guides that will aide your students in understanding the colonization of America. Incorporated within are cultural aspects of the colonization of America by the Spanish, French and English. These handy reference pages cover government, economics, religion, and the social aspects of colonization.
- 1 chart comparing colonization of England, France, Spain
- 1 chart comparing New England, Middle, and Southern colonies
- List of Reasons for Colonization
- Illustrations of early European ships (a variety to choose from
depending on how much detail you prefer)
- Quiz on parts of an exploration ship
- Informational text and illustrations of Roanoke and Jamestown
- List of 13 Colonies
- Maps of early colonies
- Quiz on mapping the 13 colonies
- Create a brochure activity (New England, Middle, and Southern Colonies) where students will persuade people to move to their colony.
- 10 Compare and contrast writing activities using double-bubble thinking maps
- Colonization Test
- Answer key