Also included in
- SAVE 20% In this bundle ( pages) are FIVE reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom. Readers theater uses reading strategies to strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. Students in reading, drama, language arts, social s$17.60$21.50Save $3.90
- SAVE 20% In this bundle (250 pages) are EIGHT reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom whether it's upper elementary or middle grades. Strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. These scripts contain drama and humor, so$29.20$38.50Save $9.30
- SAVE 20% In this drama integration bundle (275 pages) are ELEVEN reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for the social studies classroom. Learn about other cultures while strengthening your students' reading, speaking and listening skills. These scripts contain drama and humor, so you can foc$41.20$51.50Save $10.30
This comical reader's theater script product (26 pages) with roles for 15+ students is suitable for upper elementary gifted or middle school students studying humor, the Hindi culture, Social Studies, Language Arts or Drama class. This piece could be a one or three- day study depending upon how much effort a teacher wants to expand. Or the product could be used by a student in distance learning with a few tweaks by the teacher. #DistanceLearningTpT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Based on the beloved folk tale by the same name, students will:
- study humor
- focus on their reading, especially in a play format
- strengthen their reading skills in vocal variety and inflection
- perform for peers in a non-threatening manner
This product comes with:
- A warm up
- advice in directing reader's theater
- blocking plot for teacher's staging needs
- information about the Hindi language
- eight page script with roles for 20+ students
- sound bytes of the optional three songs
- sheet music of the three songs
- post performance discussion questions to extend the learning
Short Synopsis of Abdullah's Gold:
Abdullah is a miser who lives amongst his neighbors. He is grumpy, stingy and pretends to be poor because he thinks it will keep people from stealing it from him. The children in his village call him "Kanjoos! Kanjoos!" (which means miser.) To protect his gold, he hides it near an old well. Every night, Abdullah checks on his gold, until one day when Abdullah goes to check on his gold, it is gone. What happened to his gold?
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award winning drama teacher of 38 years.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.