Also included in
- SAVE 20% In this bundle ( pages) are FIVE reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom. Readers theater uses reading strategies to strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. Students in reading, drama, language arts, social s$17.60$21.50Save $3.90
- This listing is a bundle packet created for distance learning. There are five drama lessons-costume design, set design, stage properties and reader's theater. This bundle packet can be used for someone home-bound, intervention, as homework, or given after dismissal for extra practice. #DistanceLean$21.15$23.50Save $2.35
This comical reader's theater script with roles for 20+ students is suitable for upper elementary gifted or middle school students studying humor, Italy or an ELL, Social Studies, Language Arts or Drama class. This piece could be a one to two-day study depending upon how much effort a teacher wants to expend. it could also be used by a student in distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
There is a new feature in my store. If you have Google Classroom, you can push a button on the page which gives you opportunities to add text boxes or special notes right on my lesson without changing the lesson. Check "Create Digital Activity".
Based on the beloved folk tale, The Two Hunchbacks, students will:
- study humor
- focus on their reading, especially in a play format
- strengthen their reading skills in vocal variety and inflection
- perform for peers in a non-threatening manner
This product comes with:
- a warm up--very traditional acting exercise and plenty of fun!
- advice in directing reader's theater
- blocking plot for teacher's staging needs
- information about the Italian language
- eight page script with roles for 20+ students
- sound bytes of the original songs (optional)
- sheet music of the songs
- post performance discussion questions to extend the learning
- source page
Short Synopsis of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday:
Two brothers, who were hunchbacks, are very competitive. One hunchback decides to leave his friends in the village and seek his fortune. His friends thinks he's being ridiculous and don't take him seriously. The eager hunchback takes off leaving his snoring lazy brother behind. Soon he is lost in the woods. If that isn't enough, he suddenly hears many little old ladies singing a song. Frightened by them (because they emerge from beneath a tree), he hides up in an adjacent tree. The little old ladies sing a song about the days of the week. The first hunchback is so relieved the little old ladies aren't ferocious, he chimes in. Thrilled with his addition to the song, they ask him to come down from the tree and share what he would like as a reward for helping their song. What happens next? Only the hunchbacks know for certain.
Filled with great moment for characterization and humor, this reader's theater play will tickle your students!
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award winning drama teacher of 38 years.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"I'm using this for my storytelling unit, and the kids are really responding well to it! Thank you!"
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.